According to Gartner, sales reps today have just about 5% of a B2B buyer's time before they make a purchase. Yet, the B2B buying journey is long and complex with an average of 11 (and upwards of 20) buyers involved in the process.
Both sellers and buyers want to make this process better and easier. In fact, B2B buyers are more comfortable purchasing products and services valued at over $50,000 via a digital self-service model.
The Buying Experience Matters Infographic
Based on these trends, we believe that it requires reevaluating B2B sales processes to better address buyer’s needs. We pulled together key stats to highlight the importance of the buyer experience and why it matters:
- An average of 11 and up to 20 decision makers are involved in B2B solution decisions (Gartner, 2019 Gartner Buyer Survey, 2019)
- More than 75% of buyers and and sellers want digital engagement (McKinsey & Company, These eight charts show how COVID-19 has changed B2B sales forever, October 14, 2020)
- 70% of B2B decision makers are open to making remote or self-service purchases of $50,000+ (McKinsey & Company, These eight charts show how COVID-19 has changed B2B sales forever, October 14, 2020)
- 65% of buyers want easy access to relevant content and pricing information (Demand Gen Report, B2B Buyers Survey Report, 2021)
- 80% indicated that vendor content positively impacts their buying decisions (Demand Gen Report, B2B Buyers Survey Report, 2021)
- For 8 out of 10 customers, experience is just as important as a company's products and services (Salesforce, State of the Connected Customer, 2018)
Download your copy of the buyer experience infographic.